Friday, October 31, 2014

Holy Creativity, Batman!

Halloween Night 2014. I am so proud of my costume this year. It is by far my favorite costume EVER! I love it so much because my son made it for me completely on his own. The back of the sweater even has a designer tag, which says "I love Mommy, from Ethan". He opened his costume shop from his bedroom last week and decided that there would be a family discount policy. Family members each get the first costume free. He broke policy, when his sister had two made- one for school, and one for trick or treating. "Next year, I will be charging you for costumes", he declared, "Nobody else on Earth has one like this, so that makes it special". Farmer Mike's Batman shirt is also courtesy of our son...notice the scotch tape attaching the fabric! He must not have been able to find it for his sister's shirt, as she sports blue painter's tape to attach her batgirl emblem. He creates something new any chance he gets, enforcing one of our main values, "Make-Not-Buy". Seeing this little guy internalize this value makes me the proudest farm mom in the world! And he is so proud of himself and his skills too! My little environmentalist/artist/costume designer/The Flash is sure something special! I am so grateful to have this "Super" family. And yes, I did stuff a puffy coat under that sweater! It was a chilly out there, but a memorable Halloween for the WTF farm fam! What's your most memorable costume? 

No comments:

Post a Comment