Sunday, November 9, 2014

Growing Gratitude: Knowing My Neighbors

"
Lynne Perrigo, Carrie Aitkenhead, and Cornelia Olsen

    One of the best ways to build a community is to get to know your neighbors. I have and I absolutely love my neighbor- couldn't ask for a better one! 

     When we set out to get goats for the farm and began building the goat pen on the side of the farm nearest Mrs. Cornelia Olsen's property, I went to speak to her about it and get her approval on the placement. Her response was "Oh, that's fantastic...Now I don't have to get my own goats!" She is simply a love. 

     So, today, I am thankful for knowing my neighbors, and being part of a true community. If you don't love your neighbors, or perhaps don't know them, I encourage you to bring over a little basket or plate of something, or just go to say Hello! You won't be sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment